Last Updated on March 7, 2023
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Targeted Advertising and Analitics
- Disclosures of Information
- Your Privacy Rights and Choices
- Children’s Privacy
- Additional Disclosures for Individuals in California
- Contact Us
Collection of Information
The information we collect about you depends on how you interact with us or use our Services. In this section, we describe the categories of information we collect and the sources of this information.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information directly from you when you create an account, make a purchase, communicate with us on social media, participate in our loyalty program or surveys, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information that we collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, gender, and any other information you choose to provide. If you make a purchase from us, we work with a third-party payment processor to collect and process your payment information.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about your interactions with us or our Services, including:
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, items you place in your cart, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Audio and Video Recordings, Photos, and Chat Content: We capture photographs and video recordings in our stores for security and loss prevention purposes. If you contact customer service through our chat feature or by phone, we may monitor and retain those conversations, including for training purposes.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We use tracking technologies, such as cookies, pixels, and SDKs to collect information about your interactions with the Services. These technologies help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. For more information about the cookies and other tracking technologies we use, and the choices available to you, see the Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from other sources. For example, if you purchase our products from one of our retail partners, we may receive information about the transaction, such as product details and your contact information. We may also collect information about you from other users if they choose to disclose that information with us via the Services, such as if they purchase gifts for you.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address and infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on your browsing behavior and past purchases.
Use of Information
We use the categories of information we collect to provide the Funko products and services you request and to provide customer support. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our products and services;
- Facilitate and improve your in-store and online shopping experience;
- Personalize your experience with us;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, support messages, and other transactional or relationship messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Funko and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Communications Preferences section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Provide and administer our loyalty program;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our products and services;
- Target advertisements to you on third-party platforms and websites (for more information and to opt out of having your information used in this way, see the Targeted Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and help prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and help protect the rights and property of Funko and others;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- Carry out internal operations that are reasonable in the context of your relationship with us;
- Create de-identified, anonymized, or aggregated information; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Targeted Advertising and Analitics
You can also learn more about interest-based ads, or opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes by companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance, by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices.
Disclosures of Information
In certain circumstances, we disclose (or permit others to directly collect) information about you. We disclose the categories of personal information described above in the Collection of Information section in the following ways:
- We disclose personal information to vendors, service providers, contractors and consultants that need this information to provide services to us, such as companies that assist us with shipping and delivery, payment processing, web hosting, fraud prevention, marketing and advertising, analytics, customer service, surveys and market research, and gift card administration.
- If you choose to use integrations we offer on our Services, such as sharing your location through our Google Maps integration, we provide certain information to the integration partners.
- We disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We disclose personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Funko, our users, the public, or others.
- We disclose personal information to our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We disclose personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of certain corporate transactions, including the merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Personal information is disclosed between and among Funko and our parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
- We disclose personal information when we have your consent or you direct us to do so.
We also disclose aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you. Funko processes, maintains, and uses this information only in a de-identified fashion and will not attempt to re-identify such information, except as permitted by law.
Your Privacy Rights and Choices
Access, Correction, and Deletion
Depending on where you reside, you may have the right to (1) request to know more about and access your personal information, including in a portable format, (2) request deletion of your personal information, and (3) request correction of inaccurate personal information.
To request access, correction, or deletion of your personal information, visit this webform. You can also access, correct, or delete certain information stored within your online account by logging into your account and editing your profile.
We may verify your request by asking you to provide information related to your recent interactions with us, such as providing an order confirmation number. If we deny your request, you may appeal our decision by contacting us at [email protected]. If you have concerns about the results of an appeal, you may contact the attorney general in the state where you reside.
Opting Out of Targeted Advertising, Sharing, and Sales
As described in the Targeted Advertising and Analytics section above, we process personal information to understand and improve your experience with our Services and to show you Funko advertisements on third-party sites and apps. Some of these activities may be considered “sales” or “sharing” of your personal information or “targeted advertising” under the law that applies to you.
Depending on where you reside, you may have the right to opt out of targeted advertising, sharing, and sales of your personal information. You can do so by visiting. You can also opt out of certain targeted advertising, sharing, and sales by visiting our Services with a legally-recognized opt-out preference signal enabled (such as the Global Privacy Control). Please note that, depending on which opt-out preference signal you use and whether you are logged into your account with us, our processing of the signal may be limited, such as to the specific browser or device that you are using.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights.
Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
You may opt out of receiving text messages or promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those communications or by managing your notification preferences in your account settings menu. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications
With your permission, we may send push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children through our Services. If you have any reason to believe that a child has provided personal information to us via the Services, please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that personal information from our databases.
Additional Disclosures for Individuals in California
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to explain some information using certain definitions and categories set out in the CCPA. If you reside in California, this section applies to you and describes our data practices today and in the preceding 12 months.
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers (such as name and contact information); commercial information (such as products purchased); characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (such as gender); Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing history and information about your activities on our Services); and inferences.
Selling and Sharing
In order to advertise our products and services to you, we “share” and “sell” the following categories of personal information to advertising networks, data analytics providers, and social networks: identifiers; and Internet or other electronic network activity information. You have the right to opt out of sharing and sales at any time. You may do this by visiting. You can also opt out of certain sharing, and sales by visiting our websites with a legally-recognized opt-out preference signal enabled (such as the Global Privacy Control). Please note that, depending on which opt-out preference signal you use and whether you are logged into your account with us, our processing of the signal may be limited, such as to the specific browser or device that you are using. You may need to renew your opt-out if you use a different browser or device to access our Services or if you clear your cookies. We do not knowingly sell or share personal information about consumers under the age of 16.
If you are submitting a rights request as an authorized agent, you are required to submit proof of your authorization to make the request, such as a valid power of attorney or proof that you have signed permission from the individual who is the subject of the request. Please do not provide any sensitive personal information in connection with this request, such as a driver's license or other government-issued ID. In some cases, we may be required to contact the individual who is the subject of the request to verify his or her own identity or confirm you have permission to submit this request. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please visit this webform.
Purposes for Processing
We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Disclosures of Information section above.
Categories of Recipients
We make disclosures to the following categories of recipients:
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifiers||Our affiliated companies, advertising and marketing partners, social networks, payment processors, order and fulfilment partners, events and promotions partners, customer support partners, fraud prevention partners|
|Commercial information||Our affiliated companies, research and data analytics providers, payment processors, order and fulfilment partners, customer support partners, fraud prevention partners|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law||Our affiliated companies, research and data analytics providers|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||Our affiliated companies, advertising and marketing partners, fraud prevention partners, research and data analytics providers|
|Inferences||Our affiliated companies, advertising and marketing partners, research and data analytics providers, customer support partners|
Your Privacy Rights
Please see the Your Privacy Rights and Choices section and Selling and Sharing sections above for more information about the privacy rights you have as a California resident, how to exercise your rights, and how we will verify your requests.
Notice of Financial Incentives
We offer various financial incentives. For example, we may provide discounts, coupons, or other benefits to customers who join our loyalty program or participate in our surveys. When you participate in a financial incentive, we collect personal information from you, such as identifiers (like your email address) and commercial information (like your purchase preferences and interests or purchase history). You can opt into a financial incentive by following the sign-up or participation instructions provided, and, for any ongoing benefits, you can opt-out at any time, such as by following the unsubscribe instructions in the applicable program’s terms and conditions, promotional emails, or text messages, or contacting us at [email protected]. In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions for a financial incentive, which we will provide to you when you sign up. The value of your personal information is reasonably related to the value of the offer or discount presented to you.